Cheese & onion biscuits
Posted On March 11, 2012
I got this recipe from my dear Mum and have very tasty memories of these little gems from times past. Not only are they delicious but they must be the easiest thing to make. I served these at a previous afternoon tea and have had a request for the recipe. So here it is … enjoy!
125g cheese & onion chips
150g strong cheddar cheese grated
¼ tsp of each: mustard, cayenne pepper & paprika
1. Sift flour, salt, mustard powder, cayenne pepper & paprika
2. Mix all ingredients together in food processor in following stages:
- Butter & crisps first to break down into smaller bits;
- Then add flour mixture
- Then the grated cheese.
3. Roll into balls and press down with fork. Dust with cayenne pepper or paprika.
4. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
They freeze very well too so in the unlikely event there are any left (!), wrap them in an air tight container (I use a plastic freezer bag). When it comes to wanting to use them, defrost them fully at room temperature. Then place on a baking tray and reheat in the oven at 180C for 5 mins to crisp up.